Project Specification Manager - Clerkenwell
You are accountable for specification of the full range of Knauf systems and products both via the Clerkenwell showroom and as tracked and prioritised. These specification opportunities will be passed through the appropriate channels to be supported accordingly by you to a secured order. You are the ‘face of’ Knauf to the Design Community in Clerkenwell and you set the example with this extremely important stakeholder interface. You are the conduit between customers and the different internal departments providing important data, effective feedback and communication. Overall, you are vital in maintaining a strong technical reputation in the Clerkenwell Design Community.
Main Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
Your key responsibilities are:
- You will be seen as the customer facing technical contact to the Design Community in Clerkenwell, working with colleagues across the wider organisation to deliver goals and achieve specification in both core and new business systems as necessary.
- You will prepare accurate and appropriate specifications for all systems and products as required by customers.
- You will monitor, track and engage projects at the prescribed financial size via Glenigans, Supply chain partner intelligence and your network.
- You will support Architects and specifiers with development of bespoke detailing based on a defined and recorded rational to minimise and manage the Companies risk appropriately.
- You will support the wider specification team with site attendance as required and coordinated with the Facility Manager to ensure adequate customer facing cover at all times
- You will develop hand over process with site based teams to ensure your specification work can be secured and supported appropriately.
- You will support product launches from the Clerkenwell centre
- You will undertake duties supporting recruitment & selection, learning & development, change management and to assist in improving the process
- You will actively participate and give input to several team and individual projects, including internal policies, induction programme implementation, Staff Council and Health & Safety
- You will provide feedback into the innovations process and providing a customer focused view in the development of robust technical solutions.
- You are required to work in accordance with requirements of your role set out in the IMS/compass, including but not limited to H&S, Quality, Environment and Corporate Responsibility (including Competition and Bribery Acts)
- You will be seen as an expert in Fire, Acoustic, thermal and Structural fields relevant to our system and product ranges
- Anything else commensurate to complete your role
- Degree in either Engineering, or building related discipline
- Proven experience of working within customer facing construction markets
- Demonstrates competence in conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Fire, Acoustic, Thermal and Structural principles
- Excellent time management, planning and organisation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects operating to varying time frames
- Excellent Microsoft & data analysis skills is essential
- Winning attitude
- Ability to summarise and interpret complex technical information using oral and written methods to meet the needs of a diverse audience.
- IT literacy: proficiency in the basic functions of MS Word and experience of using MS Excel at an intermediate to advanced level
- Ability to read drawings and plans
- Knowledge of building methods
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Understanding of construction routes to market
- Knowledge of construction stakeholders (Architects, Main Contractors and Sub Contractors)
- You will operate predominately from Knauf Clerkenwell.