Electrical Technician - Sittingbourne
As an Electrical Technician, your key responsibilities will be as follows:
- Function as a process expert for the Sittingbourne Plant.
- Responsible for the safe functioning of all associated equipment, including operational process and equipment isolations.
- Interface with the maintenance function to ensure appropriate condition monitoring and proactive maintenance activities are in place.
- Undertake preventative and reactive maintenance tasks as required.
- Participate in continuous improvement and step-change projects.
- Research, develop and initiate opportunities for process enhancement.
- Ensure accurate records of activities are recorded in the CMS and other systems.
- Define and supervise contractor activity as required.
- Develop and maintain a professional, open, positive and tolerant relationship with colleagues.
- Provide cover for colleagues where reasonably required and given sufficient notice, including where necessary on shifts.
- Comply with Company policies, including but not limited to the Knauf Code of Conduct, Safety and Wellbeing Policy, Environmental Policy, Quality Policy, Responsible Sourcing Policy.
- To create a safe working environment in respect of electrical infrastructure, automated processes and operational security, and lead improvement initiatives.
- To deliver maximum process availability through diagnosing faults and anomalies, initiating improvements in automated sequences and electrical systems and components, lead preventative maintenance activities, and define and comply with standardisation;
- Act as a source of technical expertise in engineering activities, including maintenance, projects and continuous improvements.
- Awareness of current workplace health & safety legislations, including all electrical regulations forming part of the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- NVQ 3 in electrical engineering or equivalent work based experience is required.
- Trained to IEE 17th Edition.
- Previous experience within an electrical maintenance role is desirable.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement would be advantageous.
- Comprehension of automation and machine interface systems, including Siemens S7 (& S5 where appropriate) and other relevant programming languages, as identified by formal training.
- Siemens S7 Service Technician Level 1
- Foundation level mechanical technical or engineering competence.
- Articulate, literate and numerate, GCSE grades A-C in Maths & English desirable, but not essential.
- High level of IT literacy including MS Office applications.
- Proficient with SAP applications.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good organisational and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to build relationships within & outside the business and at all levels.
- Highly motivated and can work without supervision.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Customer focused.
In return for your hard work, you will receive a highly competitive salary and benefits package, inclusive of holiday, bonus and a contributory pension scheme.