Buyer - Sittingbourne
- To ensure the timely and efficient procurement of all materials at lowest total cost whilst meeting the required / defined service and quality levels.
- To assist with supplier selection / negotiations.
- To implement global / regional purchasing strategies at a local level.
- To implement the agreed delivery parameters (safety stock at plant, delivery sizes / lead times, MOQs, payment terms, financial commitment etc.) and validate the suppliers’ Logistics and Quality Assurance specifications.
- To maintain accurate area/category data: pricing, PT, OTIF, ensure database is always current, generate accurate cost development
- Manage supply relationships with key suppliers through regular fact based supplier reviews against agreed SLAs or other Knauf procurement tools.
- Promote good inter departmental relations & contribute to a professional & efficient department reputation
- Effective management of Gypsum shipping to meet plant usage levels.
- Effective management of Gypsum inventory levels.
- Ensure accurate pricing/master data in the system
- To work in accordance with requirements of the jobholder’s role set out in the IMS, including but not limited to H & S, Quality, Environment and Corporate Responsibility (including Competition and Bribery Acts).
- Occasional business travel abroad
- Competent user of IT Systems – Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access etc.
- Working knowledge of SAP/R3 Systems.
- Stakeholder management
- Supply chain principles, procedures and methods including understanding of financial analysis tools.
- Supplier performance improvement tools and techniques.
- Ability to prioritize effectively.
- CIPS certificate is desirable but not essential.
- Take responsibility for the quality of all deliverables, contributes to finding ways to do things better and faster
- Is proactive in developing multiple skills and open to learning from others
- Proactively seeks improvement, is a solution provider and a problem solver
- High interpersonal effectiveness to develop & sustain robust relationships.
- Structured problem evaluation and solving skills.
- Project management skills.
- Strong negotiation skills, ability to understand value and the total cost of ownership so that negotiations are based on many dimensions, not just price.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good audit skills.
- Self-motivated ‘Team Player’ with disciplined and organised approach.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a purchasing role.
- On a regular and frequent basis, update him/herself on issues affecting their role outlined in the IMS.
In return for your hard work, you will receive a highly competitive salary and benefits package, inclusive of 25 days holiday and a contributory pension scheme.