About This Product
Knauf Windliner has been developed for steel infill construction methods.
It is a 12.5mm paper-faced gypsum sheathing board designed to provide protection against the weather for the outer face of the Knauf Solid SFS Stud.
Knauf Windliner has a fire and moisture resistant core, and is faced with a terracotta-coloured paper to reduce moisture ingress. It may be exposed to external elements during a typical build programme without problems for up to 6 months once taped. It offers many on-site benefits including quick and easy cutting methods - you can simply score and snap the boards. Furthermore, it can be fixed without difficulty using the low-profile headed Knauf Windliner Screws, with no pre-drilling required, resulting in faster installation compared to a traditional cement particle board. The boards themselves are also lighter than traditional cement boards, making them easier to handle and install on site.
Knauf Windliner does not require a breathable membrane, which helps save money and time for every project.
- Airtight and moisture resistant solution - once boarded, the building can be left exposed for up to 6 months when installed according to Knauf guidelines.
- Fire reaction class A2-s1, d0, material of limited combustibility suitable for building of 18m (England and Wales).
- Lightweight board - easy to carry and install; faster to install compared to cement particle boards.
- Simple installation - easy to cut and fix, simply score and snap, no pre-drilling required.
- Speedy installation enabling fast enclosure of exterior boards.
- Removes the need for a breathable membrane.
- BBA certified.
Knauf Windliner is a cost-effective sheathing board for use on the outer face of the SFS frame. It enables fast closure of the external envelope meaning internal works can start much sooner than traditional building methods. Knauf Windliner is part of the ThroughWall system.
- Can the board be left unfinished?
The board can be left, once taped, for up to 6 months before the finish is applied.
- Do I need to use a breathable membrane if I am using Knauf Windliner?
- Can be left uncovered on the façade for up to 6 months
- Remove the need for a membrane in most cases
EN 520:2004 + A1:2009 E F & HI