About This Product
Knauf Vidiwall is a gypsum fibreboard manufactured from gypsum and cellulose fibres from recycled paper. This dense sheet material is suitable for all areas of drywall construction requiring a dense, impact resistant product capable of providing increased durability, rigidity and mechanical strength compared to a traditional gypsum sheet plasterboard.
- Thermal conductivity: 0.30 W/mK
- Compliance to EN 15283-2 Classification
- Reaction to fire: The National Classification is “Limited combustibility” but the European Classification is rated as “A2”.
- VT stepped edge.
As Knauf Vidiwall is particularly suited to applications requiring durability, strength and impact resistance in areas of high footfall withing a building. It is therefore appropriate for demanding locations within school, hospital and secure environments. Finish with Knauf Uniflott.
- What is the weight of the board?
12.5mm – 14.7kgm²
15.0mm – 17.7kgm²
- What is the density of the board?
To work out the density you take the mass of the board divided by the thickness of board in metres:
12.5mm – 1180 kg/m3
15.0mm – 1180 kg/m3
- What do I cut the board?
Clean, sharp edges can be cut with a circular saw with suitable dust extrtaction. For best results, use a fine saw blade with a high teeth ratio. Cut edges can be smoothed with a bevel plane. Clean the dust before application at glued point.
- What fire rating does the board give?
We test fire resistance performance using the complete Knauf system such as a partition wall, ceiling or floor, and it is the complete Knauf system that will achieve a fire rating. This means the board alone cannot be given a fire rating. As part of a full Knauf system this can achieve 60 minutes' fire resistance. Contact Knauf Technical Services for more information.
- What acoustic performance does the board give?
We acoustically test the board on a full Knauf system; it is the system that will achieve an acoustic rating. Contact Knauf Technical Services for more information. A single frame partition including Knauf Vidiwall can achieve up to 58 dB Rw.
- What edge profiles are available?
VT stepped edge.
- What are the manufacturing board size tolerances?
In accordance to BS EN 520:2004 Knauf manufacturers its board to the below tolerances: Width +0/-4 mm Length +0/-5 mm Thickness +0/-5 mm
- High performance board
- Increased durability, rigidity and mechanical strength.
Complies to EN15283-2