About This Product
Knauf Finishing products should be applied to Knauf Plasterboard to ensure System Performance Warranty, and as detailed in the GPDA’s Product Compatibility statement.
Knauf Joint Filler Premium is an easy-to-use, fast-setting. economic and high-quality joint filler suitable for bedding tapes on gypsum boards. Use before Joint Cement Premium.
- The shelf life for Knauf Joint Filler Premium is 9 months and the manufacture date is printed on the bag.
- Joint Filler Premium comes in 10kg and 20kg bag sizes.
- Joint Filler Premium is an accelerated setting product and is suitable for hand application only.
- 90 minutes working time, approx. 120 minutes setting time.
Estimating Guide for two coats of finish: 55m² per 10kg bag and 110m² per 20kg bag.
- Why do you offer Joint Filler Premium and Joint Cement Premium, given that both products bed tape and fill joints?
Knauf Joint Filler Premium is an accelerated setting product, and only used for bedding tapes and fixing beads. Knauf Joint Cement Premium is an air-drying product which can be used for bedding and finishing joints, typically drying between 12-24 hours, subject to humidity and weather conditions.
- Can I spray apply your Premium Jointing range and similar products? If not, why not?
The accelerated setting products cannot be spray applied, but the air-drying options – Knauf Joint Cement Premium, Fill & Finish ready-mixed products and the Airless range can be spray applied or used with jointing machines. Please see the method statement for Knauf Premium Jointing Range.
- What is the Reaction to fire (R2F) for Knauf Joint Filler Premium?
The R2F, A2-s1,d0 R2F in accordance to EN13963:2014.
- Can I use this on any plasterboard?
This product is suitable to use on all plasterboard manufactured to BS EN 520:2004.
- What is the compliance for this product?
This product is for use in accordance with British Standard Code of Practice BS 8212:1995 (the code of practice for drylining and partitioning using gypsum plasterboard) and BS 8000:Part 8:1994 workmanship.
- Can this product be used on Knauf AQUAPANEL®?
No, we don’t recommend the use of a gypsum based product onto Knauf AQUAPANEL®.
- Should I clean my tools after use?
Yes, tools and containers should be cleaned with water immediately after use.
- What sand paper can I use on Knauf Joint Cement Premium?
If sanding is required, 150 Grit sand paper is recommended for use on Knauf Joint Cement Premium.
- For hand application.
- Produces an exceptional finish
Compliance EN 13963 Type 3A
Scope of application
Estimating Guide: For two coats of finish: 55m² per 10kg bag, 110m² per 20kg bag.
9 months shelf life.