About This Product
High density dry screed panels able to span between joists and use with hollow floors.
- Thickness: 18, 25, 28, 32 and 38mm overall
- Sizes: 600 x 1200mm and 600 x 600mm, 18mm comes in 600 x 1200mm only
- High thermal conductivity, ideal for use over UFH systems
- High density board for use in acoustic cradle and batten systems
- Tongue & groove edge
- Impact resistant surface
- Low deflection under load
- Suitable to receive most floor finishes
- Suitable to receive floor finishes after 24 hours
This product is typically used over joists, battens and pedestal systems due to its high density and structural spanning capability.
- BS EN 15283-2
- Can I use this over a pedestal system or over joists?
Yes, this board can be used over pedestals and joists due to its structural spanning capability.
- What edge type does this board have?
The Knauf GIFAfloor FHB board has a tongue and groove edge.
- What adhesive do I use with this product?
Knauf GIFAbond Blue (Single Layer Joint Adhesive) / Knauf GIFAbond Uno (Joint Adhesive Foil) is used for the joints on this board.
- What do I use to cut this board?
A diamond tip blade should be used on a circular saw with a dust extractor for cutting this board.
- Do I need to fix the board together?
No fixings are needed to fix the boards together, only Knauf GIFAfloor Single Layer Joint Adhesive is needed in the joints.
- Can I install an access hatch within Knauf GIFA?
Yes, a Knauf GIFA frame access panel can be installed to create an access hatch within the floorong system.
- Do I need to prime before tiling?
Yes, we recommend the use of Knauf Schnellgrund Floor Primer before tiling is undertaken.
For guidance on the selection of the correct board thickness, dependent on the loading and floor finish requirements, please contact Knauf Technical Services.
All Documents including brochures, datasheets, declaration of performances and MSDSs: Resources and Literature
- High thermal conductivity. Ideal for use over underfloor heating systems
- Suitable for spanning between joists
- Interlocking board edges for improved robustness
Complies to EN15283-2
Scope of application
Ready for foot traffic within 12 hours