About This Product
Knauf FHB 18WF is a high quality interlocking flooring system using gypsum fibreboard technology. These boards can be installed and ready for foot traffic in a fraction of the time of traditional wet screeds. The FHB 18WF is formed of an 18mm 1500-1600kg/m3 gypsum fibre panel and a 10mm acoustic resilient layer, formed of 250kg/m3 wood fibre to improve impact sound reduction.
- Thickness: 28mm total
- Fixings: none, adhesive fix only to tongue and groove joint
- Edge type: tongue and groove
- Impact resistant surface
- Quick to install
- Able to receive floor finish after 24 hours
For use over solid substrates where additional acoustic considerations are being made.
- BS EN 15283-2
- Can I use this over a pedestal system or over joists?
No, we don't recommend this with the FHB 18WF, it would compromise the acoustic performance as the compressive strength of the Acoustic Resilient Layer is insufficient.
- Can I use over UFH?
No, we do not recommend over this as the wood fibre (WF) layer will be detrimental to the performance; we would recommend using a suitable resilient layer beneath any UFH for acoustic purposes, and then using a standard dry screed panel on top of the UFH itself, to optimise performance.
- What is the weight of these?
The FHB 18WF: 29.5kg/m2 (FHB18: 27kg/m2, WF: 2.5kg/m2 ).
- What loading are these suitable for?
A 2.5kN point load (25 x 25mm), or 3kN area load.
- Why would I choose these over Brio 18WF?
It is dependent upon installation preference; Brio 18WF has lapped joints and is fixed using glue and screws. FHB 18WF is tongue and groove, and is fixed using glue only.
All Documents including brochures, datasheets, declaration of performances and MSDSs: Resources and Literature
- Excellent impact and sound reduction
- Suitable for spanning between joists
- Interlocking board edges for improved robustness
Complies to EN15283-2
Scope of application
Ready for foot traffic within 12 hours