About This Product
Knauf Fireboard is a fleece-lined plasterboard available in a wide range of thicknesses to provide up to 2 hours of fire protection in structural steel encasement. Non-combustible Knauf Fireboard provides the basis for a range of steel encasement and specialist lining systems.
- Thermal conductivity: 0.23 W/mK
- Compliance to EN 15283-1 Classification
- Reaction to fire: The National Classification is “Limited combustibility” but the European Classification is rated as “A1”.
1200mm x 1800mm = 2.16m² per board
1200mm x 2400mm = 2.88m² per board
Suitable for commercial projects where premium fire protection is required. Ideal for structural steel encasements.
- What is the weight of the board?
15mm – 12kgm²
20mm – 15.8kgm²
25mm – 20kgm²
30mm – 24kgm²
- What is the density of the board?
To work out the density you take the mass of the board divided by the thickness of board in metres:
15mm – 800 kg/m3
20mm – 790 kg/m3
25mm – 800 kg/m3
30mm – 800 kg/m3
- What colour is the board?
White face with a white fleece lined reverse.
- What fire rating does the board give?
We fire test the board on a full Knauf system, it is the system that will achieve a fire rating. This takes into account the steel section size and mass for encasement. As part of a full Knauf system, Knauf Fireboard can provide up to 2 hours of fire protection. Contact Knauf Technical Services for more information.
- What edge profiles are available?
- What is the maximum temperature that the board can withstand?
50°C. This board is unsuitable for areas that are continuously damp or humid.
- What are the maximum bending radii?
15mm – 7m
20mm – 10m
25mm – 25m
30mm – 50m
- What is the difference between Knauf Fire Panel and Knauf Fireboard?
Knauf Fire Panel is a pink faced plasterboard used for the Knauf Encasement system and for boarding partition systems.
Knauf Fireboard is a fleece-lined plasterboard only used for encasing steel. These boards are manufactured to different standards because they are used in different applications. If you have any further questions, please contact Knauf Technical Services.
- Available in 15mm, 20mm, 25mm and 30mm thicknesses, all boards are 1.2m wide and 1.8m or 2.4m long.
- Available in square edge (SE)