About This Product
Knauf Deep Flange U Channels - 70mm Deep Flange - are used for partitions where a deflection head detail is required to improve impact resistance. The deep channel should only be used at the ceiling junction.
- Supplied in 3m lengths that can easily be cut to length.
- Lightweight compared to timber equivalents improving Health & Safety for installers.
- Due to ease of cutting, these are quicker to install than the timber alternative.
- Unlike timber, our U Channels will not warp.
- Use with Knauf Deflection Head Fire Seal for a quicker installation of deflection head details.
All our studs can be used with the Knauf Deep Flange U Channel to accommodate for deflection allowances.
- 50% of the U Channel needs to be engaged at all times even if deflection is expected.
- Secure the Knauf Deep Flange U Channel with suitable fixings at maximum 600mm centres and 50mm from the end of the channels.
- The grade of steel is Dx51 d.
- 3m in length.
- Available in 52, 62, 72, 94 and 148mm widths (size/webb).
- How much deflection can the 70mm Knauf Deep Flange U Channel accommodate for?
It can accommodate for -35mm deflection, +35mm deflection or +/- 17.5mm deflection.
- Do I need to overlap the channels when two channels abut to each other?
No overlapping is needed, just abut the two channels together.
- Can I cut through the Knauf Deep Flange U Channel to allow for services and cables to get through?
No, the Knauf Deep Flange U Channel should always be left intact and shouldn't be cut otherwise performance is void.
- Do I use the channel as a base track?
No, the Knauf Deep Flange U Channel should always be used as a head track.
- Where would I use a Knauf Deep Flange U Channel over a regular channel?
The Knauf Deep Flange U Channel is used when deflection is expected.