About This Product
Knauf Core Board is designed to be used in conjunction with the Knauf Shaftwall system. It has both fire and moisture-resistant qualities, and can also be used to form head track fillets where a deflection allowance is required.
- Thermal conductivity: 0.24W/mK.
- Compliance: Type A, D, F, H1, I & R (to EN 520 Classification).
- Reaction to fire: The National Classification is "Limited combustibility", but the European Classification is rated as "A2".
- Dimensions: 19mm x 600mm x 3000mm.
1.8m² per board.
- What is the weight of the board?
- What is the density of the board?
To work out the density of the board, take the mass of the board divided by the thickness of board in metres: 857.9 kg/m³.
- What is the colour of the board?
Green face with a brown backing. The board is installed in a Shaftwall system with the green side facing into the shaft.
- What fire rating does the board give?
We fire test the board on a full Knauf system; it is the system that will achieve a fire rating. This takes into account the fixing and jointing of the partition. Contact Knauf Technical Services for more information.
- What acoustic performance does the board give?
We acoustically test the board on a full Knauf system; it is the system that will achieve an acoustic rating. Contact Knauf Technical Services for more information.
- What edge profiles are available?
- What is the acceptable moisture content?
If the board has been exposed or semi-exposed for a brief period, it is common for those inspecting it to use a damp proof meter such as a Protimeter. In such cases we would recommend, as a rule of thumb, that the board should be suspected of lasting damage if the reading exceeds 16-18. Below 16 is acceptable.
However, if damp damage has occured to the boards after installation, then we would typically advise that, if in doubt, they should be replaced especially if there is a fire performance element because we cannot guarantee that the core integrity of the boards has not been compromised and with wet the risk of mould is unpredictable too.
- What is the maximum temperature that the board can withstand?
- What are the manufacturing board size tolerances ?
In accordance with BS EN 520: 2004 we manufacture our board to the following tolerances: Width: +0/-4mm; Length +0/-5mm; Thickness: +0.76/-0.76mm.
- Both moisture and fire resistant.
- Available in square edge (SE)
- Use in conjunction with Knauf Shaftwall System metal sections and fixings to receive the Knauf Systems Warranty.
EN520, Type A, D, F, H1, I and R