About This Product
Knauf Baseboard is a handy-sized plasterboard which is easy to use, carry and install. It enables easier fixing to 16" and 24" joist centres for ceiling lining. The board is ideal for patching and repair jobs, and is suitable as a base for plastering. Use in conjunction with Knauf Jointing, Airless Finishes, fixings, Plasterboard Adhesive and metal sections.
- Thermal conductivity: 0.19W/mK.
- Compliance: Type P EN 520 Classification.
- Reaction to fire: The National Classification is "Limited combustibility", but the European Classification is rated as "A2".
- Dimensions: 9.5mm x 900mm x 1220mm.
1.098m² per board.
- What is the weight of the board?
- What is the density of the board?
To work out the density of the board, take the mass of the board divided by the thickness of board in metres: 652.6 kg/m³.
- What is the colour of the board?
The board has a grey paper face.
- What fire rating does the board give?
This board will not give any fire rating on any system. It is used for patching and repairs only.
- What acoustic performance does the board give?
This board will not give any acoustic performance on any system. It is used for patching and repairs only.
- What edge profiles are available?
- What is the acceptable moisture content?
If the board has been exposed or semi-exposed for a brief period, it is common for those inspecting it to use a damp proof meter such as a Protimeter. In such cases we would recommend, as a rule of thumb, that the board should be suspected of lasting damage if the reading exceeds 16-18. Below 16 is acceptable.
- What is the maximum temperature that the board can withstand?
50°C. This board is unsuitable for areas that are continuously damp or humid.
- What are the manufacturing board size tolerances ?
In accordance with BS EN 520: 2004 we manufacture our board to the following tolerances: Width: +0/-8mm; Length +0/-6mm; Thickness: +0/-6mm.
- Smaller board for ease of use
- Available in square edge (SE)
- Use in conjunction with Knauf jointing compounds, plasters, fixings, plasterboard adhesive and metal systems to receive the Knauf Systems Warranty.
EN520, Type P