AQUAPANEL® Cement Board SkyLite
AQUAPANEL® Cement Board SkyLite
AQUAPANEL® Cement Board SkyLite is a durable board for suspended ceilings in interior and exterior areas.
About This Product
Knauf AQUAPANEL® Cement Board SkyLite is a moisture resistant cement board designed for ceilings in wet and humid areas, and external soffits. Suitable for installation with Knauf corrosion resistant, coated metal sub-frame components, a complete ceiling system that is warrantied and supplied from one source, Knauf. (Knauf AQUAPANEL® Cement Board SkyLite is also suitable for use on treated timber framing - refer to Knauf Technical Services for more information.) The complete Knauf soffit / ceiling system incorporates channels, brackets, hangers and clips as well as touch-up paints.
- Knauf AQUAPANEL® Cement Board SkyLite is mould and mildew resistant
- Light in weight at only 10.5kg / m² or 11.34kg / board, facilitating installation
- Available with a comprehensive ceiling framing system
- A1 fire-rated in accordance with EN 13501-1
Knauf AQUAPANEL® Cement Board SkyLite can be used both as a ceiling in interior humid or wet environments where water vapour and high temperatures up to 70°C occur, and as an exterior soffit, allowing the interior ceiling design theme to be continued through windows as a soffit under deep external roof overhang.
- 900 x 1200 x 8mm or 1.08m² per board
- Fixed to members at 300mm centres maximum in ceiling systems, approx 25 fixings / m² are needed to install Knauf AQUAPANEL® Cement Board SkyLite
- Can Knauf AQUAPANEL® Cement Board SkyLite be used as an alternative to Knauf AQUAPANEL® Cement Board Outdoor on walling surfaces?
No, Knauf AQUAPANEL® Cement Board SkyLite should not be used in walling applications as either tile backer or skim finished.
- Can I get a timed fire rating for Knauf AQUAPANEL® Cement Board SkyLite?
No, Knauf AQUAPANEL® Cement Board SkyLite is an A1 fire-rated board, but cannot be used to achieve a timed fire rated ceiling or soffit. Knauf AQUAPANEL® Cement Board Indoor / Outdoor (depending on the application) can be used in a staggered tanked and jointed double layer to achieve a 45min fire rated solution.
- What finishes can be applied?
Knauf AQUAPANEL® Cement Board SkyLite can be thin-coat rendered if used externally. Internally, we offer two skim finish options: Knauf AQUAPANEL® Joint Filler and Skim Coat White (at 6 to 7mm thick with Knauf AQUAPANEL® Reinforcing Mesh embedded in the outer third) or the Knauf Interior Skim at a maximum 3mm thick applied in two passes (Knauf Interior Skim is best when spray applied).
- Can I use these boards on the wall?
No, Knauf AQUAPANEL® Cement Board SkyLite is approved for soffit / ceiling applications only.
- Does the board have good pullout strength?
No, this is not a cement particle board and any fixtures should be planned in advance such that ply (or similar) pattressing is included in the grid system.
- Resistant to mould and mildew
- Stable and robust, even with wind loads of up to 1.5 kN/m2
- Bendable in the dry state – up to 1 metre bending radius
Scope of application
One cement board for interior and exterior applications
Due to its low weight it is simple and easy to install overhead
Can be cut to shape using “score and snap” techniques