AQUAPANEL® Cement Board Indoor
AQUAPANEL® Cement Board Indoor
A tough, impact resistant glass fibre reinforced cement tile backer for use in wet and humid areas.
About This Product
Knauf AQUAPANEL® Cement Board Indoor is a tough impact and water resistant glass fibre reinforced cement tile backer board for walls. It is a lightweight board that is easy to install and suitable for use in indoor wet and humid areas, resisting the development of mould and mildew.
- Accommodates the weight of tiles up to 50kg per m²
- Simple score and snap technique
- Endless design opportunities with the ability to curve boards to a radius of 1m
- A1 fire-rated in accordance with EN 13501-1
Knauf AQUAPANEL® Cement Board Indoor is perfect for rooms housing swimming pools, spas and saunas, wet rooms, kitchens, laundries, bathrooms, changing rooms, and anywhere where high levels of moisture are present including underground cellars and stores. Ideal to create curved surfaces and wave effects. It allows tiles that require high pressure washing to be used in areas such as food handling.
- 900 x 1200 x 12.5mm or 1.08m² per board
- 900 x 2400 x 12.5mm or 2.16m² per board
- 1200 x 2400 x 12.5mm or 2.88m² per board
- Fixings on 600mm centred supporting framework - at maximum 250 centres: 15 screws per m²
- How do you cut the board?
It is easy to cut - simply score and snap using a stanley knife and a straight edge
- Which side of the board do I tile on?
There is a rough and smooth side to the board; you tile onto the smooth side.
- What adhesive should I use for my tiles?
We recommend you use a cement-based flexible tile adhesive (Class C2 / S1 according to EN 12004 - 12004). If you need better waterproofing than just the tiles, use a waterproof adhesive provided it is cement based.
- If lining out a shower area in my house, do I need a polythene sheet to the back of the board?
No, for domestic application this is not needed. A polythene sheet is more usually applied if it is to be a walk in shower or wet room (ie no shower tray), or for heavy duty or high use areas, such as changing rooms and swimming pool areas.
- Can Knauf AQUAPANEL® Cement Board Indoor be used outdoors?
No, this board should only be used for internal applications. Knauf offers Knauf AQUAPANEL® Cement Board Outdoor (which is freeze thaw tested) for exterior uses.
- Can the board be used on floors?
Yes, it can be used as a flooring board.
- Can the board be used on ceilings?
Yes, where Knauf AQUAPANEL® Cement Board SkyLite is not being sourced, Knauf AQUAPANEL® Cement Board Indoor can be used to form a soffit system, along with the coated metal framework also offered by Knauf.
- Can Knauf AQUAPANEL® Cement Board Indoor the board be directly painted?
We do not recommend directly painting as the jointing is likely to show and be unsightly. For best results, tape and joint the boards using Knauf AQUAPANEL® Joint Filler and AQUAPANEL®Tape. and then apply Knauf Interior Skim and apply the paint (by others) to this. Direct splash zones should always be tiled.
- Does the board have good pullout strength?
No, this is not a cement particle board and any fixtures should be planned in advance such that ply (or similar) pattressing is included in the grid system.
Case Study: The Wave Waterpark, Coventry
- Made of inorganic material, will not swell or rot.
- Can be bent when dry - up to 1 metre bending radius
- Strong, robust, impact-resistant and A1 non-combustible
EN 12467:2012-12, Category C, Class 2;EN 13501-1:2010-01: Classification A1;ETA 07-0173
Scope of application
Tile backing board for wet and humid areas
Can be cut to shape using “score and snap” techniques