AQUAPANEL® Floor Tile Underlay
AQUAPANEL® Cement Board Floor Tile Underlay
A light and highly stable cementitious dry floor panel providing the ideal substrate for all kinds of tiles on wooden subfloors.
About This Product
Knauf AQUAPANEL® Floor Tile Underlay is water and mould resistant with the composition and characteristics of the other boards in the Knauf AQUAPANEL® range, but only 6mm thick. It will not rot or warp. Designed specifically for floor tile applications, it reduces the floor level such that the transition to different areas does not require additional treatments.
- Can be installed over subfloors, ideal for refurbishment projects
- Only 8.5kg / m² or 9.18kg / board
- Limited impact on floor height as only 6mm in depth
- A1 fire-rated in accordance with EN 13501-1
Wet areas such as rooms housing swimming pools, spas and saunas, wet rooms, kitchens, laundries, bathrooms, changing rooms, domestic and commercial kitchens, restaurants or anywhere where ceramic, mosaic or stone floor coverings are specified.
- 900 x 1200 x 6mm or 1.08m² per board
- Fixings on timber, OSB or chipboard subfloor: 9 per board
- Fixings for solid floors: by others
- How do you cut the board?
It is easy to cut - simply score and snap using a stanley knife and a straight edge
- Which side of the board do I tile on?
There is a rough and smooth side to the board; you tile onto the smooth side.
- What adhesive should I use for my tiles?
We recommend you use a cement-based flexible tile adhesive (Class C2 / S1 according to EN 12004-12002). If you need better waterproofing than just the tiles, use a waterproof adhesive, provided it is cement based.
- If lining out a shower area in my house, do I need a polythene sheet to the back of the board?
No, for domestic application this is not usually needed, and due to the manner in which the Knauf AQUAPANEL® Floor Tile Underlay is installed, the two are not compatible. Tanking over the Knauf AQUAPANEL® Floor Tile Underlay could be considered as an alternative.
- Can I use these boards on the wall?
No, Knauf AQUAPANEL® Floor Tile Underlay is not approved for installation in a vertical installation.
- Can I install using just the adhesive / just the screws?
No, to be compliant to our installation requirements, please follow the standard installation guidance.
- Can I use with underfloor heating (UFH) systems?
No, we do not recommend this as the cement is not a good conductor of heat and, due to the fixings, should not be installed directly over an insulation material either. An UFH system which is installed in the tile adhesive layer, over the board, would be OK.
- Do you offer a thicker board?
It is possible for the Knauf AQUAPANEL® Cement Board Indoor to be used in this application in the same installation process - this is a 12.5mm thick board.
- Does the board have good pullout strength?
No, this is not a cement particle board and any fixtures should be planned in advance such that ply (or similar) pattressing is included in the grid system.
- Resistant to mould and mildew
- Quick and simple floor construction - easy to score and snap, no pre-drilling required
- EasyEdge® – the particularly shock-proof edge on both sides
Scope of application
Best solution for very low floor heights with only 6 mm board thickness
Can be installed on top of existing wooden subfloors.
Suitable for all kinds of tiles including ceramic, mosaic and natural stone