Knauf Airless Finish is a highly efficient spray applied alternative to traditional plaster for finishing walls and ceilings.
About This Product
Knauf Airless Finish is a highly-efficient spray applied alternative to traditional plaster for finishing walls and ceilings.
Airless revolutionary technology is changing the way our customers and contractors approach smooth surfaces. Offering up to a level 5 finish, with a quantifiable difference in post application snagging issues.
- Applied in coats of 1-2m thickness.
- Applied using an airless high pressure piston pump machine.
- Drying time: 12-24 hours prior to decoration.
Coverage up to 15m² per 25kg bag at 1mm thickness.
- Can you spray already plastered walls? Should a primer be used?
Yes, you can spray previously decorated walls with no primer needed.
- Do all of your Knauf Airless Finish products have health, environmental and quality policies?
Knauf Airless products only contain trace silicates and have no chemical binders in the range; we publish Product Sustainability Data for each product. There is also minimal risk for working at height, vastly improved water, waste and time management compared to traditional methods.
- Do you need a base coat for application on brick/block?
Yes, we suggest Knauf Airless Backing and Airless Finish for that type of substrate.
- How long does the product take to install/drying time?
Air drying products e.g. Knauf Airless Finish, typically take 12-24 hours. For our chemical set products, this varies and would be subject to humidity and weather conditions. Knauf Airless application time: 25-31m² per hour.
- Why is it so thin?
You do not need the same thickness to obtain the same performance characteristics. We add polymer and organic binders so the performance characteristics are different to gypsum based plaster. Minimum depth is 1.5mm, typically 2mm after full application, compared to 3mm for gypsum based products.
- What type of surfaces can Knauf Airless Finish be applied to?
Knauf Airless Finish can be applied onto various surfaces such as taped and jointed plasterboard, composite boards, or fair faced pre-cast concrete surfaces with a two coat application.
- Do I need to mix this product?
No, Knauf Airless Finish comes pre-mixed and doesn’t need any additional water or binders to aid the product.
- What spray machines do we recommend for use with Knauf Airless Finish?
We recommend the use of Graco Mark 5 Contractor Pro spray plastering machines for the best results and ease of application with Knauf Airless Backing; any machine used needs to be 110v and 16 Amp power.
- Which tip shall I use on the spray plastering machine when using Knauf Airless Finish ?
Tip sizes 531 and 535 can be used for best results with Knauf Airless Finish.
- What is the estimated coverage of Knauf Airless Finish?
The estimated coverage for this product is 15m² per 25kg bag at 1mm thickness.
- What is the shelf life for Knauf Airless Finish?
The shelf life for Knauf Airless Finish is 12 months and the date printed on the bag is the manufacture date.
- Is Knauf Airless Finish Light a gypsum based plaster?
No, Knauf Airless Finish Light is a breathable, marble based (Calcium Carbonate) finish with additional binders and polymers added.
- What is the maximum depth which Knauf Airless Finish can be applied to?
This product can be applied up to 3mm thick in 2 coats prior to decoration.
- What colour is the Knauf Airless Finish after application?
The finished colour of the product is ivory / off-white.
- What storage conditions should Knauf Airless Light Finish Light be kept in?
It should be kept indoors between temperatures of 10°C and 30°C.
- What is the setting time of Knauf Airless Finish?
The typical drying time for Knauf Airless Finish is 12-24 hours dependent on ventilation and air humidity.
- Should I sand Knauf Airless Finish once it has dried?
Knauf Airless Finish can be sanded once dried to get rid of any high spots using 180 grit sandpaper by hand or 240 grit with a mechnical sander.
- Does Knauf Airless Finish have any fire performance data?
Yes, the reaction to fire (R2F) for Knauf Airless is A2-s1,d0 to EN 13501-1.
- Can Knauf Airless Finish be used as a jointing material?
No, Knauf Airless Finish cannot be used as a jointing material for plasterboard, only as a surface coating ready for decoration.
- Can Knauf Airless products be applied by hand?
Yes, the Knauf Airless products can be hand applied and also by a medium pile roller.