Knauf DuraDeco is best used in High traffic areas, high humidity or robustness required.
About This Product
Knauf DuraDeco is best used in high traffic areas, where high humidity or robustness is required.
Knauf Airless revolutionary technology is changing the way our customers and contractors approach smooth surfaces. Offering up to a level 5 finish, with a quantifiable difference in post application snagging issues.
- Recommended tip size 535.
- 12 months shelf life.
- Drying time 12-24 hours prior to decoration.
- Applied in coats of up to 1-1.5mm thickness.
Coverage up to 18m² per 25kg bag at 1-1.5mm thickness.
- What type of surfaces can Knauf DuraDeco be applied to?
Knauf DuraDeco can be applied onto various surfaces such as taped and jointed plasterboard, precast panels, aircrete panels or previously decorated surfaces.
- Do I need to mix this product?
No, Knauf DuraDeco comes pre-mixed and doesn’t need any additional water or binders to aid the product.
- What spray plaster machines do we recommend for use with Knauf DuraDeco?
We recommend the use of Graco Mark 5 spray plastering machines for the best results and ease of application with Airless Backing; any machine used needs to be 110v and 16 amp power.
- Which tip shall I use on the spray plastering machine when using Knauf Airless DuraDeco?
Tip sizes 535 can be used for best results with Knauf DuraDeco.
- What is the estimated coverage of Knauf DuraDeco?
The estimated coverage for this product is 18m² per 25kg bag at 1mm thickness.
- What is the shelf life for Knauf DuraDeco?
The shelf life for Knauf DuraDeco is 12 months and the date printed on the bag is the manufactures date.
- Is Knauf DuraDeco a gypsum based plaster?
No, Knauf DuraDeco is a breathable, marble based plaster with additional binders and polymers added.
- What is the maximum depth which Knauf DuraDeco can be applied to?
This product can be applied up to 1-2mm thick prior to decoration.
- What colour is the DuraDeco after application?
The finished colour of the product is white.
- What is the setting time of Knauf DuraDeco?
The typical drying time for Knauf DuraDeco is 12-24 hours dependent on ventilation and air humidity.
- Should I sand Knauf DuraDeco once it has dried?
It’s recommended that Knauf DuraDeco is sanded within 24-48 hours after application.