Applied using an airless high pressure piston pump machine. Knauf Airless Backing is best used over Blockwork, concrete, textured finishes and undulating surfaces. The process can be repeated until the required flat surface is achieved.
About This Product
Knauf Airless revolutionary technology is changing the way our customers and contractors approach smooth surfaces. Offering up to a level 5 finish, with a quantifiable difference in post application snagging issues.
Applied using an airless high pressure piston pump machine. Knauf Airless Backing is best used over blockwork, concrete, textured finishes and undulating surfaces. The process can be repeated until the required flat surface is achieved.
- Applied using an airless high pressure piston pump machine.
- Recommended tip size 541.
- 2 months shelf life.
- Drying time 12-36 hours prior to decoration
- Applied in coats of up to 3mm thickness.
Coverage up to 5m² per 21Kg bag at 1mm build up.
- What type of surfaces can Knauf Airless Backing be applied to?
Knauf Airless backing can be applied to blockwork, brickwork or in-situ concrete wall types as well as a backing coat to fill any holes or level undulations on surfaces.
- Do I need to mix this product?
No, the Knauf Airless Backing comes pre-mixed and doesn’t need any additional water or binders to aid the product.
- What spray plaster machines do we recommend for use with Knauf Airless Backing?
We recommend the use of Graco Mark 5 spray plastering machines for the best results and ease of application with Knauf Airless Backing. Additionally any machine used needs to be 110v and 16 amp power.
- Which tip shall I use on the spray plastering machine when using Knauf Airless backing?
Tip size 539, 541and 543 should be used for best results with Knauf Airless Backing.
- What is the estimated coverage of Knauf Airless Backing?
The estimated coverage for this product is 15m² per 21kg bag at 1mm thickness.
- What is the shelf life for Knauf Airless Backing?
The shelf life for Knauf Airless Backing is 9 months and the date printed on the bag is the manufacture date.
- Is Knauf Airless Backing a gypsum based plaster?
No, Knauf Airless Backing is a breathable, marble based plaster with additional binders and polymers added.
- What is the maximum depth which Knauf Airless Backing can be applied to?
This product can be applied up to 4mm thick in one application.
- What colour is the Airless backing after application?
The finished colour of the product is white.
- What storage conditions should the Knauf Airless Backing be kept in?
It should be kept indoors between temperatures of 5°C - 30°C.
- What products can I use over the top of Knauf Airless Backing?
For best results, this product should be used in conjunction with Knauf Airless Finish, Knauf Airless Finish Light or Knauf Airless DuraDeco.
Need more technical information about this product?
Contact our Technical Services team for help with product application, using this product in systems, and more.
|Width (mm)||Length (mm)||Thickness (mm)||Weight (kg)||Material Number||EAN|
- Product Name
- Width (mm)
- Length (mm)
- Thickness (mm)
- Weight (kg)
- Material Number
- Airless Backing