Knauf is committed to ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees and other people who may be affected by our activities, and to continually improve our safe working environment. We will meet our statutory duties and comply with non-statutory requirements to which we subscribe. To this end we accept an obligation as far as is reasonably achievable to:
• Assess the risks associated with our activities and implement controls to reduce them such that they are as low as reasonably practicable.
• Provide a safe place of work, with safe plant, equipment and appliances, incorporating safe methods/systems of working.
• Provide employees with appropriate and sufficient information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to enable the safe performance of work activities.
• Provide protective clothing and equipment in instances in which hazards cannot be realistically
• Provide adequate facilities and arrangements to enable employees and their representatives to raise
issues of health & safety for consultation.
• Provide appropriate first aid and emergency facilities.
• Provide details of the organisation and arrangements for Health and Safety in our Integrated Management System.
• Ensure that this policy is subject to annual review to monitor the effectiveness of Health and Safety
arrangements and if necessary, revised in the light of legislative or organisational changes.
• Investigate accidents or dangerous occurrences, which may take place to identify the probable causes and learn from them to avoid possible repetition.
The successful implementation of this policy requires total commitment, which will be demonstrated by measureable behaviours, from all levels of employee, from the boardroom to the shop floor.
The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 recognises this and places a duty under law on all employees to: Co-operate with their employer by observing all safe working practices; Take reasonable care for their own health & safety and for the safety of other people who may be affected by their acts or omissions.