Knauf is committed to ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees and other people who may be affected by our activities, and to continually improve our safe working environment. We will meet our statutory duties and comply with non-statutory requirements to which we subscribe. To this end we accept an obligation as far as is reasonably achievable to:
The successful implementation of this policy requires total commitment, which will be demonstrated by measurable behaviours, from all levels of the business, from Board level to the shop floor.
The Health & safety at Work Act 1974 recognises this and places a duty under law on all employees to: Co-operate with their employer, observing all safe working practices, take reasonable care for their own Health & Safety and for the Safety of other people who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
• Assess the risks associated with our activities and implement controls to reduce them such that they are as low as reasonably practicable.
• Provide a safe place of work, with safe plant, equipment and appliances, incorporating safe methods/systems of working.
• Provide employees with appropriate and sufficient information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to enable the safe performance of work activities.
• Provide protective clothing and equipment in instances in which hazards cannot be realistically
• Provide details of the organisation and arrangement for Health and Safety in our Management Systems.
• Ensure that the policy is communicated and subject to annual review to monitor the effectiveness of this policy and Health & safety arrangements and revised in light of any relative legislative or organisational changes.
• Investigate all accidents and dangerous occurrences, which may take place to identify the probable root causes and to learn from them and implement actions to avoid reoccurrences.
• Provide appropriate and adequate first aid and emergency facilities.
The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 recognises this and places a duty under law on all employees to: Co-operate with their employer by observing all safe working practices; Take reasonable care for their own health & safety and for the safety of other people who may be affected by their acts or omissions.