Knauf recognises that its operations and activities impact on the local and global environment in a number of ways and as such are committed to continually reducing these environmental impacts. Our overall objective is to develop the business having full regard to the environment and taking into account the views of all affected interests.
To this end we will:
- Comply with and where possible exceed all relevant statutory legislation and local agreements.
- Assess in advance where possible, the environmental effects of any new development and adjust the company’s plans accordingly.
- Identify, set, monitor and review environmental objectives relevant to the operations conducted on site.
- Minimise any disturbance to the local and global environment and to the quality of life of the local communities in which the company operates.
- Maintain the appearance of all its premises to the highest practical standards.
- Take positive steps to conserve resources, particularly those which are scarce or non-renewable.
- Provide the information necessary to enable employees to operate the process properly and with minimal effects on man or the environment.
- Provide the information necessary to enable the company’s products to be properly used, stored and disposed of so as to avoid unacceptable effects on man or the environment.
- To be committed to continuous improvement through Life Cycle Analysis, energy performance and the prevention of pollution.
- Our aim is to continually reduce the environmental impacts associated with the transport of materials, goods and people involved in our operations.
- Work to reduce our waste at all levels of the business. Where waste is produced to manage it in accordance with the waste hierarchy, minimising waste to landfill.