In light of the continued period of low demand as a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, I write to provide you with an update to our operational activity in April and confirm our operational plans for May.
I am pleased to say that our distribution operation has adapted to revised working practices to comply with government social distancing recommendations ensuring employee safety and welfare, and has offered an uninterrupted service to NHS and priority schemes from our stock position in April.
We expect to see an increase in demand in May, albeit still at significantly lower levels than a typical month. As a result of this increased demand, we will re-open our production operation from Monday 27th April, again with revised working practices/guidelines in place, aligned with distribution. Initially, we will operate at a reduced capacity in line with anticipated demand.
I am aware of recent press articles citing a shortage of plasterboard materials. I would like to reiterate that we can support new customers who are finding material supply in the market challenging, however, we cannot support very high and temporary volumes with the capacity we have available to us in our UK operations without significant disruption to our loyal customers.
We will manage new enquiries on a case-by-case basis and will issue weekly guaranteed loading slots effective 4th May (given as loads per week) for our existing customers to protect our service performance to them in this period of highly unpredictable demand.
A reminder of our current distribution terms as well as our Customer & Technical Services support and opening times is below:
The following terms and procedures continue to apply to deliveries:
- Full loads of metal, flooring, Aquapanel and renders are excluded from guaranteed slots
- Standard minimum lead time of day 1 for day 5 delivery will apply
- Orders will not be processed until they fall within the 5 day lead-time
- Order amendments will not be permitted
- Balance orders will not permitted
- Only AM/PM or 8am-4pm delivery windows possible. Timed deliveries are not available during this period
- Self-collections are not available from Immingham or Sittingbourne plants
- Order cancellations permitted up to 48hrs before delivery date free of charge
- Order cancellations within 48hrs of delivery charges will apply and will be informed at point of cancellation
Normal service continues on the Customer Services desk with the full team working remotely. Lines are open Monday to Friday between 0800 and 1730. The Customer Services Team can be contacted on 0800 521050 or for Eire 01 462 0739; alternatively our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Technical Services Hotline (0800 030 4135) remains closed until further notice. We will continue to offer technical support via email (email@example.com) and through our new “technical webchat” service which is available Monday to Friday between 0900 and 1700 on our website (www.knauf.co.uk).
Once again thank you for your continued support and understanding as we work in a new and agile way, navigating the challenges of the current situation we are collectively facing.
Commercial Director, Knauf UK & Ireland