In light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, I write to provide you with an update to our operational activity in May and confirm our operational plans for June.
I am pleased to say that revised working practices to comply with government social distancing recommendations ensuring employee safety and welfare are now embedded across our production and distribution areas.
Demand for our products in May was stronger than April, albeit at lower levels than a typical month. We have successfully offered an uninterrupted service to NHS and priority schemes in the month, and we have continued to operate a guaranteed loading slot system for our existing customers.
We anticipate demand to increase in June and as a result we have further increased production levels and delivery capacity to our customers to support this increasing demand.
A reminder of our current distribution terms as well as our Customer & Technical Services support and opening times is below:
- The following terms and procedures continue to apply to deliveries:
- Full loads of metal (including SFS), gypsum plaster, flooring, Aquapanel and renders are excluded from guaranteed slots
- Standard minimum lead time of day 1 for day 5 delivery will apply
- Orders will not be processed until they fall within the 5 day lead-time
- Order amendments will not be permitted on plasterboard
- Balance orders will not permitted
- Only AM/PM or 0800-1600 delivery windows possible. Timed deliveries are not available during this period
- Self-collections are not available from Immingham or Sittingbourne plants
- Order cancellations permitted up to 48hrs before delivery date free of charge
- Order cancellations within 48hrs of delivery charges will apply and will be informed at point of cancellation
Normal service on the Customer Services desk remains via our remote working team; they will also be able to provide contact details of our external teams who will continue to engage remotely. Lines are open Monday to Friday between 0800 and 1730. The team can be contacted on 0800 521050 or for Eire 01 462 0739; alternatively our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Technical Services Hotline (0800 030 4135) is still temporarily closed. In the interim, we will continue to offer technical support via email (email@example.com) and through our new “technical webchat” service which is available Monday to Friday between 0900 and 1700 on our website (www.knauf.co.uk).
We will continue to update you on any changes to our operation, but I would like to take this opportunity to thank you again for your support and understanding during these times.
Knauf UK & Ireland