Supply Chain Project Manager
We are currently looking for an individual with experience in process improvement to join our team as a Supply Chain Project Manager. This individual will be highly analytical with the ability to identify areas of inefficiency across the organisation.
The Company & Our Values
Knauf is a family run international organisation who prides itself on employing individuals who align to our core values. To work for our highly successful organisation, you will need entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to succeed, empathy for others and the ability to work in partnership with colleagues and customers alike.
- Lead the resolution of supply chain constraints where they exist (e.g. shortages, shared resources, capacity constraints, logistics, materials across sites etc.)
- Drive improvements identified by the Supply Chain strategy, S&OP process or other business needs
- Drive the application of process thinking / continuous improvement methodologies through the supply chain, hunting for improvement opportunities which will lead to benefits in, but not limited to, total cost and service
- Develop relationships with the Logistics supply base to support the meeting of business targets
- Support the delivery of Service performance to target levels, whilst balancing cost, inventory, responsiveness, supply reliability etc.
- Research and source new suppliers alongside the Procurement Team to support business needs and develop Service.
- Develop excellent working relationships across all functions
- Keep colleagues informed of new products/technology/systems to enhance Service delivery
- Manage the audit process of Logistics providers, alongside the Procurement Team to identify improvement plans (i.e. reliability, delivery performance and documentation)
- Ensure that Health & Safety Standards are met within the Supply Base and through the supply chain operation.
- Maintain/Improve Service & supply chain efficiency by regular analysis of KPIs and metrics.
- Be aware of and represent the Voice of the Customer at all relevant internal touch points in the Supply Chain.
- To work in accordance with requirements of the jobholder’s role set out in the IMS, including but not limited to H & S, Quality, Environment and Corporate Responsibility (including Competition and Bribery Acts).
- Degree (or relevant experience) in Engineering, Science, Logistics, Operations, Planning, Warehousing, Procurement, or Service Delivery
- Functional experience in several areas in the end to end supply chain – e.g. planning, demand planning, manufacturing, procurement, logistics, warehousing, quality or customer service
- Experienced in a manufacturing or goods supply environment is essential
- Experienced in applying and leading the application of process improvement techniques, across multi-functional environments is desirable.
- The ability to influence at all levels including senior leadership
- Six Sigma Green Belt or above.
- Project Management experience is desirable, but not essential.
In return for your hard work, you will receive a highly competitive salary and benefits package, inclusive of 25 days holiday and a contributory pension scheme.
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, please apply using the link below, or get in touch with our HR team at email@example.com.