Supply Chain Project Manager
We are currently looking for an individual with experience in process improvement to join our team as a Supply Chain Project Manager. This individual will be highly analytical with the ability to identify areas of inefficiency across the organisation.
- Lead the resolution of supply chain constraints where they exist (e.g. shortages, shared resources, capacity constraints, logistics, materials across sites etc.)
- Drive improvements identified by the Supply Chain strategy, S&OP process or other business needs
- Drive the application of process thinking / continuous improvement methodologies through the supply chain, hunting for improvement opportunities which will lead to benefits in, but not limited to, total cost and service
- Develop relationships with the Logistics supply base to support the meeting of business targets
- Support the delivery of Service performance to target levels, whilst balancing cost, inventory, responsiveness, supply reliability etc.
- Research and source new suppliers alongside the Procurement Team to support business needs and develop Service.
- Develop excellent working relationships across all functions
- Keep colleagues informed of new products/technology/systems to enhance Service delivery
- Manage the audit process of Logistics providers, alongside the Procurement Team to identify improvement plans (i.e. reliability, delivery performance and documentation)
- Ensure that Health & Safety Standards are met within the Supply Base and through the supply chain operation.
- Maintain/Improve Service & supply chain efficiency by regular analysis of KPIs and metrics.
- Be aware of and represent the Voice of the Customer at all relevant internal touch points in the Supply Chain.
- To work in accordance with requirements of the jobholder’s role set out in the IMS, including but not limited to H & S, Quality, Environment and Corporate Responsibility (including Competition and Bribery Acts).
- Degree (or relevant experience) in Engineering, Science, Logistics, Operations, Planning, Warehousing, Procurement, or Service Delivery
- Functional experience in several areas in the end to end supply chain – e.g. planning, demand planning, manufacturing, procurement, logistics, warehousing, quality or customer service
- Experienced in a manufacturing or goods supply environment is essential
- Experienced in applying and leading the application of process improvement techniques, across multi-functional environments is desirable.
- The ability to influence at all levels including senior leadership
- Six Sigma Green Belt or above.
- Project Management experience is desirable, but not essential.
In return for your hard work, you will receive a highly competitive salary and benefits package, inclusive of 25 days holiday and a contributory pension scheme.
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, please apply using the link below, or get in touch with our HR team at email@example.com.