We are currently looking for a highly driven individual to join our team as a Shift Manager. We are looking for someone who leads by example, with strong people management skills, to ensure an excellent level of service is provided to all internal and external customers.
As a Shift Manager, your key responsibilities will be as follows:
- Ensures shift achieves all targeted goals to contribute to the Company’s ambition and principles.
- Working with colleagues across the organisation to achieve sustainable performance.
- Ensures customer satisfaction is at the heart of manufacturing activity and is a key element of every decision making process.
- Actively encourages decisions by the team that are based on ensuring the highest quality product being received by the customer.
- Uses Company systems and data to monitor shift performance and takes appropriate action when and where necessary.
- Ensure overheads are kept within budgetary limits e.g. overtime, agency and training.
- Provide regular opportunities for team to participate in wider Company activities to achieve non production related goals and or team’s personal growth.
- Line management of a production team, giving open, honest and timely feedback on performance and behaviour.
- Holds individuals accountable for how they interact in the work setting, not only task related.
- Works with Shift Manager team to identify opportunities for developing results through people across the site and wider manufacturing organisation.
- Be active in questioning own and team’s performance and implements appropriate action to continually improve.
- Lead and complete improvement projects working in line with Lean/Six Sigma principle and is able to apply principles of Operational Excellence techniques at Green belt level.
- Computer literacy is essential, including the use of MS Office programs.
- IOSH Managing Safely.
- IOSH Managing the Environment.
- Operational Excellence Green Belt.
- High levels of confidence.
- Experience working within a manufacturing environment within a management role is essential.
- Ability to translate high level goals into meaningful and engaging objectives for team.
- Demonstrates competence in conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent time management, planning and organisation skills.
- Effective delegation.
- High levels of resilience.
- Customer focused with good commercial understanding.
- High levels of numeracy and literacy with the ability to analyse and interpret data to enable informed management decisions.
- Willingness to take a holistic view of what benefits the team rather than self.
- Experienced in managing performance and development, maximising the shift’s ability to respond to business needs; developing the team and individuals to perform to their potential.
- Continually demands professional standards of behaviour from self and others; recognising and rewarding achievements gained through positive behaviours.
- Recognises and understands the necessity of continual improvement.
- Good knowledge of project management and understanding of the challenges presented by a continuous or batch process manufacturing environment.
- Good understanding of budgets and impact of their decisions on the financial performance of their area.
In return for your hard work, you will receive a highly competitive salary and benefits package, inclusive of holiday and a contributory pension scheme.
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, please apply online using the link below, or get in touch with our HR team at email@example.com.