Head of Technical
We are currently looking for a highly driven and entrepreneurial leader to join our organisation as our new Head of Technical. This person will be responsible for developing, leading and executing the technical strategy across the UK and Ireland.
As our Head of Technical, your key responsibilities will be as follows:
- To lead the activities of the technical, training and R&D teams to achieve strategic objectives
- Develop a committed and loyal high performing team through effective leadership
- Identify development needs and develop skills of direct reports to optimise individual potential contributing to overall team performance
- To influence and improve the technical competences of our people in customer facing roles
- A coordinated development and testing plan (operational and financial) for products and systems across the whole UK portfolio
- A comprehensive set of test documentation relating to Knauf products & systems to ensure that all products and systems meet their stated performance benchmark
- Lead liaison with the marketing team to provide innovation process support in business case and development/testing phases
- Lead the management of SMS quality matters and/or customer claims
- Experience within construction product manufacturing or construction contracting is essential
- Must have a high level of understanding of construction product specification and design
- A degree or equivalent level of qualification in engineering, construction or a science topic is necessary
- Demonstrable experience as an effective leader with the ability to build, inspire and drive a high performing team
- Understands complex agendas and influences/lobbies key market stakeholders, customers and industry associations to improve the Company’s position
- Sustains excellent working partnerships through knowledge of relationship management techniques
- Shows high interpersonal effectiveness to develop and sustain robust customer relationships
- Has the ability to project manage effectively
- Shows an ability to use structured problem evaluation and solving skill
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and ability to influence at all levels
- High levels of stamina and mental alertness, to be able to perform calmly and effectively under pressure
In return for your hard work, you will receive a highly competitive salary and benefits package, inclusive of an attractive bonus, company car, 25 days holiday and a contributory pension scheme.
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, please apply using the link below, or get in touch with our HR team at email@example.com.