Continuous Improvement Partner
Knauf, a market leader in the construction product industry are currently looking for a highly knowledgeable individual to join our team in Sittingbourne as a Continuous Improvement Partner. We are looking for someone who is able to liaise with key stakeholders of all levels and facilitate Continuous Improvement best practice across our three Manufacturing Plants and the wider business.
The Company & Our Values
Knauf is a family run international organisation who prides itself on employing individuals who align to our core values. To work for our highly successful organisation, you will need entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to succeed, empathy for others and the ability to work in partnership with colleagues and customers alike.
As a Continuous Improvement Partner, your key responsibilities will be as follows:
- Lead the Continuous Improvement / Lean transformation plan across 3 manufacturing sites and the commercial function in the UK and Ireland.
- Manage the organisational business system map and embed it into our daily way of working
- Delight our customers by setting service related health metrics within each process.
- Use available internal and external benchmarks to measure against best in class
- Standardise templates, tools and processes and ensure compliance to these methods, through document control
- Carry out advanced data collection and analysis for process mapping, develop budgets and cost analysis to determine project feasibility
- Identify and facilitate process improvement projects, training/ workshops to drive cultural change
- Bring functions together collaboratively to influence benefits up and down the Supply Chain / Value Stream
- Develop and conduct compliance audits, with the fortitude to ensure change is permanent
- Coach and embed a culture of continuous improvement
- Work with senior leaders to establish the CI strategy to work in accordance with requirements of the jobholder’s role set out in the IMS, including but not limited to H&S, Quality, Environment and Corporate Responsibility (including Competition and Bribery Acts).
- Prepare and present data.
- Responsibility for ensuring that all CI & process thinking procedures are audited and reviewed.
- Co-ordination and preparation of data for reports to Knauf management.
- Proven track record of financial delivery through the application of CI practices
- Formally trained in Operational Excellence with accreditation to Lean Six Sigma Black Belt with significant practical project experience
- Experience of overcoming and supporting others with obstacles through successful cultural change in a manufactuing
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Great problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work with and influence others in a fast paced environment, ability to work shifts as required
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft word, excel and ERP applications
- Training in CAD and or Visio
- Able to get things done by demanding high standards but also providing the appropriate level of support
- Ability to transfer from tactical to strategical leadership as appropriate
- Able to manage simultaneous projects
- Develop positive relationships with all colleagues.
- Be expert on Continuous Improvement and Lean
- Encourage innovative thinking by colleagues and help them to develop their ideasLead / take an active role in improvement projects.
- Partner with management.
- Proven track record of influencing key stakeholders and holding individuals / teams to account for CI/Lean
- Evidence of establishing and developing CI in a high performing organisation
In return for your hard work, you will receive a highly competitive salary and benefits package, inclusive of 25 days holiday and a contributory pension scheme, company car and bonus.
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, please apply online, or get in touch with Sarah Gibson, Resourcing & Inclusion Partner at email@example.com.