We are currently looking for a Buyer to join our purchasing team, based in our Head Office in Sittingbourne, Kent on a permanent basis.
• To ensure the timely and efficient procurement of all materials at lowest total cost whilst meeting the required / defined service and quality levels.
• To assist with supplier selection / negotiations.
• To implement global / regional purchasing strategies at a local level.
• To implement the agreed delivery parameters (safety stock at plant, delivery sizes / lead times, MOQs, payment terms, financial commitment etc.) and validate the suppliers’ Logistics and Quality Assurance specifications.
• To maintain accurate area/category data: pricing, PT, OTIF, ensure database is always current, generate accurate cost development
• Manage supply relationships with key suppliers through regular fact based supplier reviews against agreed SLAs or other Knauf procurement tools.
• Promote good inter departmental relations & contribute to a professional & efficient department reputation
• Effective management of Gypsum shipping to meet plant usage levels.
• Effective management of Gypsum inventory levels.
• Ensure accurate pricing/master data in the system.
• Occasional business travel abroad may be required.
• Competent user of IT Systems – Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access etc.
• Working knowledge of SAP/R3 Systems.
• Stakeholder management experience and understanding.
• An understanding of supply chain principles, procedures and methods including understanding of financial analysis tools.
• Knowledge of supplier performance improvement tools and techniques.
• Ability to prioritize effectively.
• CIPS certificate is desirable but not essential.
• Take responsibility for the quality of all deliverables, contributes to finding ways to do things better and faster
• Is proactive in developing multiple skills and open to learning from others
• Proactively seeks improvement, is a solution provider and a problem solver
• High interpersonal effectiveness to develop & sustain robust relationships.
• Structured problem evaluation and solving skills.
• Project management skills.
• Strong negotiation skills, ability to understand value and the total cost of ownership so that negotiations are based on many dimensions, not just price.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Good audit skills.
• Self-motivated ‘Team Player’ with disciplined and organised approach.
• Previous experience in a purchasing role is essential.
In return for your hard work, you will receive a highly competitive salary and benefits package, inclusive of 25 days holiday and a contributory pension scheme.
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, please apply online using the link below, or get in touch with HR team at email@example.com.