We are currently looking for a Buyer to join our purchasing team, based in our Head Office in Sittingbourne, Kent on a permanent basis.
The Company & Our Values
Knauf is a family run international organisation who prides itself on employing individuals who align to our core values. To work for our highly successful organisation, you will need entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to succeed, empathy for others and the ability to work in partnership with colleagues and customers alike.
• To ensure the timely and efficient procurement of all materials at lowest total cost whilst meeting the required / defined service and quality levels.
• To assist with supplier selection / negotiations.
• To implement global / regional purchasing strategies at a local level.
• To implement the agreed delivery parameters (safety stock at plant, delivery sizes / lead times, MOQs, payment terms, financial commitment etc.) and validate the suppliers’ Logistics and Quality Assurance specifications.
• To maintain accurate area/category data: pricing, PT, OTIF, ensure database is always current, generate accurate cost development
• Manage supply relationships with key suppliers through regular fact based supplier reviews against agreed SLAs or other Knauf procurement tools.
• Promote good inter departmental relations & contribute to a professional & efficient department reputation
• Effective management of Gypsum shipping to meet plant usage levels.
• Effective management of Gypsum inventory levels.
• Ensure accurate pricing/master data in the system.
• Occasional business travel abroad may be required.
• Competent user of IT Systems – Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access etc.
• Working knowledge of SAP/R3 Systems.
• Stakeholder management experience and understanding.
• An understanding of supply chain principles, procedures and methods including understanding of financial analysis tools.
• Knowledge of supplier performance improvement tools and techniques.
• Ability to prioritize effectively.
• CIPS certificate is desirable but not essential.
• Take responsibility for the quality of all deliverables, contributes to finding ways to do things better and faster
• Is proactive in developing multiple skills and open to learning from others
• Proactively seeks improvement, is a solution provider and a problem solver
• High interpersonal effectiveness to develop & sustain robust relationships.
• Structured problem evaluation and solving skills.
• Project management skills.
• Strong negotiation skills, ability to understand value and the total cost of ownership so that negotiations are based on many dimensions, not just price.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Good audit skills.
• Self-motivated ‘Team Player’ with disciplined and organised approach.
• Previous experience in a purchasing role is essential.
In return for your hard work, you will receive a highly competitive salary and benefits package, inclusive of 25 days holiday and a contributory pension scheme.
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, please apply online using the link below, or get in touch with HR team at email@example.com.