Responsible Sourcing Policy
Knauf recognises that our purchasing decisions impact upon society and the environment well beyond the immediate scope of our own operations. We are committed to ensure that we deal with suppliers who also recognise their responsibility to the people they employ, the communities they affect and their impact on their local and global environment.
This policy draws upon the commitments made in other aspects of our integrated approach to corporate social responsibility. We will comply with
the laws related to our activities and will work with our suppliers to ensure that we continually reduce our impacts on people and our environment.
- Our Health and Safety Policy states our commitment to ‘ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees and other people who may be affected by our activities, and to continually improve our safe working environment’. We seek to ensure that our suppliers join us in this by committing to their own Health and Safety policy and demonstration of safe practices.
- We expect our strategic suppliers to work to an Environmental Management System which meets internationally recognised standards and for other suppliers to be making progress towards this. We will engage with our suppliers to develop programmes to reduce our impact on the environment including energy usage, transport, packaging, raw material usage, renewable and recycled materials and water usage. We have a target to send no waste to landfill.
- To support the procurement of energy efficient products and services and design for energy performance improvement.
- We ensure that our employees receive training, support and development opportunities to enable them to make a fulfilled and sustainable contribution to the company. We treat all stakeholders fairly and with respect and uphold fundamental labour rights. We will ensure our strategic suppliers have the necessary controls and processes in place to uphold the ten principles outlined in the UN Global Compact.
- We engage with the communities which are local to our operations and aim to make a positive contribution through economic, social, educational and charitable activities. We also seek to support broader, national community initiatives in a variety of ways.
- Our integrated management system enables us to monitor and review our own performance and that of our suppliers. We engage independent assessors to verify our performance and work closely with regulators to ensure that both preventative and reactive measures, where necessary, are used effectively.